CBA DESIGNATION: Represented
Under direction, to perform a variety of secretarial/clerical and bookkeeping duties requiring word processing skills, and to do related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITILES (Illustrative Only)
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Organizes and schedules office duties and work load to meet deadlines.
- Answers questions and telephone inquiries within established policy; provides information regarding PCC Flea Market dates, available space for vendors, time of Market, etc.
- Communicates with vendors regarding their reservations.
- Prepares vendor space assignments, including Record Swap spaces.
- Prepares space assignment receipts sold each month.
- Maintains vendor space waiting list.
- Mails space assignments to faculty, staff, and students who have applied for space.
- Distributes and mails space assignments to vendors who have returned applications with reservation fee.
- Creates, prepares, and mails letters to instruct prospective vendors on methods of reserving space, market rules, and regulations.
- Deposits funds; follows up on all banking transactions.
- Maintains monthly records of vendors.
- Prepares maps showing vendor space assignments.
- Keeps detailed monthly financial records. Prepares semiannual, detailed financial report for PCC Flea Market Board.
- Must work one Sunday a month when the Flea Market is scheduled.
- Prepares Flea Market staff payroll for Flea Market staff.
- Prepares letters, reports, and bulletins; composes standard letters independently.
- Operates word processor, typewriter and adding machine equipment.
- Requisitions, receives, and issues supplies and equipment; requests equipment maintenance.
- May supervise student assistants and other clerical personnel.
- At the request of a supervisor, performs a variety of duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school and two years of responsible experience in clerical, typing, bookkeeping, and secretarial work. An AA, and or AS degree or two years of college-level secretarial or bookkeeping training may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- Knowledge of current office practices and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and explain rules and policies.
- Prepare and edit reports and other materials.
- Compose routine letters independently.
- Communicate effectively with officials, teachers, employees, and the public.
- Assume responsibility and exercise sound judgment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with others.
- Work in a multi-ethnic environment.
- Operate word processors, typewriters, adding machines, and other office equipment and be willing to learn their operation.
SKILLS: Typing 40 WPM.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person, before groups, and over the telephone. This is primarily a sedentary office classification although standing and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Positions in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Employees work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Employees may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: One Year
Pasadena City College
1570 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 585-7361 direct ⋅ (626) 525-7924 fax