Digital Audio/Video Production Technician, under the supervision of the Assistant Dean for Computing Services, installs, maintains and repairs the District’s video and audio production systems.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Installs, maintains and repairs the District’s digital non-linear video editing systems.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs the District’s digital audio workstations.
- Installs, maintains, and repair the District’s audio/video record and playback system.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs the District’s other electronic equipment.
- Installs, and maintains the District’s Avid and NexGen networks.
- May assist the Audio/Video Production Specialist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of the District’s media presentation equipment.
- May assist with the supervision of hourly unclassified and student workers.
- At the request of the Assistant Dean for Computing Services, performs a variety of unscheduled duties normally and traditionally performed by a Digital Audio/Video Production Technician.
Education and Experience: Minimum of AA/AS degree in an electronics related field and one year of work experience related to the duties of a digital audio/video production technician or three years of work experience related to the duties of a digital audio/video production technician.
Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of the equipment, materials and methods used in the installation, adjustment and repair of digital audio/video production equipment. Ability to provide excellent customer service and work as a member of a team; troubleshoot and adapt electronic equipment to the component level using service manuals, schematics, and appropriate test equipment; install and maintain industry standards audio and video editing software.
Advanced academic degrees in electronics, electrical engineering or related field and/or related professional certifications (including personal computers and networking); one year of experience with the installation, maintenance and support of Digidesign Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Final Cut Pro, and Avid Editing software.
Seeing to inspect written documents, communicate with District staff, sitting for extended periods of time, bending, kneeling and reaching to retrieve and file records, and dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a keyboard and other office equipment.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: One year.
Pasadena City College
1570 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 585-7361 direct ⋅ (626) 525-7924 fax