Under general supervision, to control data entry information and perform a variety of very specialized clerical and word-processing operations.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Using sophisticated data base systems, enters, accesses and maintains information in on-line computer and microcomputer terminals, assuring data integrity.
- Under direction of a supervisor and in compliance with production calendar, generates letters and mail-merge documents as required to carry out special programs.
- Provides word processing support to produce reports and correspondence; prepares requisitions and time sheets.
- Applies judgment and knowledge of College and departmental policies and procedures to conduct department business.
- Maintains and retrieves records and files. Checks data for completeness, accuracy and compliance with criteria.
- Disseminates information on a variety of complex programs orally and in writing. Contacts individuals and groups as needed.
- Operates office equipment such as typewriters, duplicators, calculators, word processors, and multiple telephone lines.
- Supervises and trains student assistants, hourly sub-relief clerks, or volunteers.
- At the request of a supervisor shall perform a variety of unscheduled duties normally and traditionally performed by a Data Control Clerk III.
Education and Experience: Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school and two years of increasingly responsible general clerical work involving contact with the public or students.
Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of office procedures. Ability to maintain effective working relationships; to communicate orally and in writing; to spell and use good English grammar; to keep material and information confidential; to assist in maintaining security and privacy of records; to interface with students, faculty, staff and community; to work in a multiethnic environment.
Skills: Computer keyboard 35 net words per minute.
Experience working with work-processing systems and/or record-keeping software programs.
Seeing to inspect written documents, communicate with District staff, sitting for extended periods of time, bending, kneeling and reaching to retrieve and file records, and dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a keyboard and other office equipment.
Probationary Period: One year.
Pasadena City College
1570 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 585-7361 direct ⋅ (626) 525-7924 fax