NOTE: This position is exempt for daily overtime pay.
Under general supervision, to maintain, store and issue athletic equipment and supplies, and to do related work as required.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Issues towels, equipment, uniforms and supplies for classes and teams; receives, cleans or arranges for cleaning and stores items after they have been used.
- Receives deliveries of equipment and supplies; checks for correct quantity and condition; maintains inventory records.
- Assists the coaches/teachers where needed to improve the quality of each program.
- Assists in rigging and unrigging nets and other equipment; maintains and makes repairs of equipment to assure safe usage.
- Assigns lockers; maintains records of lock combinations; makes combination changes.
- Prepares lists of needed supplies and athletic equipment for Division Dean.
- Be available to meet the needs of the students and answer questions.
- Assists in game preparation and set-up of equipment and other necessary duties for games.
- At the request of a supervisor, performs a variety of unscheduled duties, which pertain to the successful operation of an athletic and physical education department, normally and traditionally performed by a Athletic Equipment Attendant.
Education and Experience: Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school AND some experience in the storage and maintenance of athletic equipment and supplies.
Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of materials and equipment used in team and individual sports and of the care and maintenance of athletic equipment; ability to make repairs of athletic equipment and clothing; ability to keep records; ability to carry out oral and written instructions; ability to work in a multiethnic environment.
Lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds, pushing and pulling, walking and standing for extended periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a variety of hand and power tools, reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, and kneeling or crouching.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: One year.
Pasadena City College
1570 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 585-7361 direct ⋅ (626) 525-7924 fax