CBA DESIGNATION: Represented
Under general supervision, performs a variety of clerical duties of above-average difficulty which require learning specific policies and procedures, and computer screens and to complete related work as required.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES (Illustrative Only):
- Performs clerical duties applying policies and procedures appropriate to college Admissions, Records and Registration functions.
- Provides customer service to students, faculty, staff, and other members of the public in person, by telephone and email.
- Communicates with students, faculty, staff, and other members of the public through typed correspondence, email and telephone.
- Uses a computer to process student data for admissions, records and registration purposes.
- Works with faculty to process student drops, reinstatements, grades, and class rosters.
- Functions in accordance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations regarding confidentiality and release of student records.
- Works with students regarding residence determination for tuition purposes in accordance with state regulations.
- Processes student transcript and enrollment verifications requests.
- Provides information and assistance to students relating to online services available through the college’s website.
- Assists with reviewing and updating admissions, records and registration information provided on the college’s website.
- Uses decision-making ability when applying policies and procedures to unique situations presented by individuals.
- Promotes a helpful and friendly atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
- At the request of a supervisor, performs a variety of unscheduled duties normally and traditionally performed by an Admissions and Records Clerk II.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures.
- Ability to follow a variety of policies and procedures of above-average difficulty
- Type with accuracy and complete tasks with reasonable speed
- Operate business machines, particularly computers and the maintenance of computerized records
- Communicate orally and in writing; spell and use good English grammar
- Maintain confidential records; work effectively with others
- Work in a multiethnic environment; function without constant direct supervision
- Good customer service skills including a helpful, friendly attitude
- Willing to learn new technologies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent education, AND
- Two years of general clerical experience.
- Experience working in a college admissions and/or records office. AND/OR
- One year or more attending college as a student.
- Computer keyboard 40 net words per minute.
OTHER LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California driver's license.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person, before groups, and over the telephone. This is primarily a sedentary office classification although standing and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Positions in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Will require occasional travel.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: One year
Pasadena City College
1570 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 585-7361 direct ⋅ (626) 525-7924 fax