Title IX Complaint Process
If you or someone you know was assaulted:
- Go to a safe place
- Report the incident to the local police (911), or the campus police at (626) 585-7484
- Preserve any physical evidence, and seek medical assistance, if needed
- Report the incident to the campus Title IX Officer using the complaint process outlined below
- Seek emotional support or counseling
To report a Title IX complaint, follow the below procedure.
- Report the incident to the campus Title IX Officer, or to a responsible party (administrator, faculty member, staff member).
- Complete and submit a complaint form, which will be sent to the Title IX Officer.
- The Title IX Officer will contact you regarding the incident.
- You will be asked to present any evidence you have, and provide the name and contact information of any witnesses.
- The Title IX Officer will begin an investigation, inform the accused, and contact the witness to be interviewed.
- An investigation can take up to 60 days to complete, at the end of which an administrative determination will be made.
- Both parties will be informed in writing of the outcome of the investigation.
- If a hearing is held, both parties will be provided timely access to all information used to make the determination, and that will be used at the hearing, in advance of the hearing.
- Both parties must be present at prehearing meetings that provide an opportunity to present their individual testimony to the hearing panel.
- Both parties will receive the final hearing decision in writing at the same time.
- Both parties have the right to appeal a final decision.