The mission of the Faculty Distance Education (FDEC) Committee is to recommend policies and practices that support faculty teaching online and contribute to distance education course quality and student success at Pasadena City College. The committee serves as the Academic Senate’s primary recommending body on academic and professional matters regarding distance education and online learning.
FUNCTIONS OF THE COMMITTEE
- Provides a forum for evaluating evolving issues in distance education and online learning.
- Makes recommendations to the Academic Senate regarding all aspects of distance education and online learning.
- Supports faculty in development and delivery of their distance education courses by identifying and promoting best practices and resources for distance education course delivery.
- Collaborates and coordinates on areas of mutual interest with other senate committees and campus constituencies.
- Review OEI quality rubric for use in DE course evaluation (Rec. 112, 112.1).
- Build relationship with PD director/program and identify areas of need/interest for DE instruction & review/revise recommendations for PD (Rec. 104, 106) (Short term: develop Learning Community goals/structure for Spring 2019).
- Review and update our prior recommendation on regular and effective contact (Rec. 110).
- Review and update our prior recommendations regarding DE faculty evaluations (Rec. 116, 115).
Total Seats: 15
Committee Chair: Krista Goguen, Martha House