The 10+1 Award
The 10+1 award recognizes employees at PCC who go above and beyond their normal job description to serve our college and students. Our hope is that these awards will increase awareness of the academic and professional matters, which the Senate works on each year, and engage more people in the shared governance process.
Eligibility: Faculty, Classified staff, & managers who are working individually, in teams, within their department or program and have demonstrated excellence in one of the “10 (+1)” academic and professional matters.
Nominations can occur throughout the year, but final submission must be at least 2 weeks before the _______(date pending) Annual Banquet.
Academic Senate Most Valuable Adjunct Award (MVA)
The Most Valuable Adjunct Award (MVA) recognize adjunct faculty members who have been working at PCC for more than 5 years and exhibits passion and interest in their support of the college.
The Unsung Hero Award
The Unsung Hero Award recognizes a PCC Classified employee who has made a significant contribution to the college and to the community.
- Nominee should have completed a minimum of five years of uninterrupted employment at PCC, full-time or part-time.
- The nominee shall have maintained a good work record and attendance record.
- Nominee can be a recipient of the award more than one time.
Nomination must be supported by signatures of the supervisor, five faculty members and ten members of the classified staff.
The Ralph Story Award
The Ralph Story Award recognizes a PCC Faculty member who has made some significant contribution to the teaching profession, to Pasadena City College, and to the community.
- Nominee should have completed a minimum of ten years of teaching service to Pasadena City College.
- Nominee should be currently employed by the District in a full-time certificated capacity.
Nominee should not be a previous recipient of this award.