What to Do if You're in Crisis?

We offer crisis intervention services at any time during office hours. You do not need an appointment - just come to our office. Personal Counseling is located in D-203.

After normal business hours, please contact:

  • On-campus: Campus Police (626) 585-7484
  • Off-campus:
    • dial 911
    • You may also contact the free 24/7 crisis text line by texting “COURAGE” to 741741
    • Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255)

Campus Resources

Student Health Services (626) 585-7244 (D-105)
Disabled Student Services and Programs (626) 585-7127 (D-209)
Lancer Pantry (626) 585-7264 (CC-211)
CalWORKS (626) 585-7060 (L107)
EOP&S (626) 585-7439 (L107)
Office of Student Life (626) 585-7384 (CC-105)

Title IX (626) 585-7388 (C-204)

Community Mental Health Resources

Psychiatric Mobile Response Team (800) 854-7771
Pasadena Hope Team (626) 744-4501
Lanterman Crisis Team (Regional Center) (310) 337-2825
Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Warm Line (855) 952-9276

Huntington Hospital/Della Martin Center (626) 397-2323
Las Encinas Hospital (626) 795-9901
Pasadena YWCA Rape Crisis Hotline (626) 793-3385
Haven House (Shelter & Counseling for Family Violence) (323) 681-2626
Arcadia Crisis Management Center (626) 821-5858
211 Information and Referral Service Dial 2-1-1

National Mental Health Resources

National Suicide Prevention Hotline
(800) 273-TALK (8255)
Crisis Text Line
Text COURAGE to 741741
Free, 24/7, Confidential Text Line staffed by trained crisis counselors.
Online resource center for college mental health
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
(800) 950-6264
Trevor Project (For LGBTQ Youth)
(866) 488-7386
Veterans Crisis Line
(800) 273-8255 (Press 1)
Support for deaf and hard of hearing - 1-800-799-4889
JED Foundation


Additional Community Resources

What to Do if You’re Concerned about Someone Else?

When talking with the student, try to focus on specific, observable behaviors in a non-judgmental and warm manner. It is important to thank them for their willingness to open up to you, whenever possible affirm their strengths and impart hope, and encourage help-seeking on-campus. If they are willing to come to Personal Counseling, it may be helpful to walk them down to our office (D-203) and provide one of our clinical staff information about your concerns for this student. Except in emergencies, the option must be left open for the student to accept or refuse counseling. If the student emphatically says "no," then respect that decision and again leave the situation open for possible reconsideration at a later time. 

In addition to a referral to Personal Counseling Services, members of the campus community can also submit an incident report to the Crisis Prevention and Response Team (C-PART). Submitting an incident report to C-PART may serve as the basis for a C-PART risk assessment investigation, wellness or academic intervention and/or the initiation of the student conduct process. Please note that C-PART referrals are reviewed during business hours and may not be addressed immediately. Click to submit a C-PART incident report.