Please review the following testing policies before coming to Assessment Services
for a testing session. Please note only the student who is taking the test will be
permitted in the testing room (no visitors or children permitted).
You must bring a Valid Photo ID to Assessment Services for testing. The Assessment Office reserves the right to ask for a second form of ID.
Acceptable Photo ID Forms Include:
- Driver’s License-State ID
- Military ID
- A Passport
- High School ID issued within the last couple of years
- A LancerPoint photo ID if you are a Continuing PCC student.
Unacceptable Photo ID Forms Include:
- Photo IDs from other colleges and universities
- Library Cards
- Temporary DMV License and or ID card unless used to supplement expired ID card
- Photocopies of identification or electronic versions
Who Must Take the English or ESL and Math Placement Exams?
- Students that graduated from high school more than 10 years ago, English as a Second
Language Students and International Students (On F1 Visa). All other students will be placed into courses based on their High School GPA and
When you apply for admission to PCC, your information will be collected to determine your English and Math course placement. Your course placements will be discussed during your counseling session. If you have questions please speak with the Counseling Office at 626-585-7251.
- After you earn a grade in an Chemistry, English, ESL, or Math course sequence, you
will not be able to retake the exam and must remain in the course sequence per division
policy. If you have further questions or need assistance please speak with a Counselor
in Building L Room 104.
- Students that graduated from high school more than 10 years ago, English as a Second Language Students and International Students (On F1 Visa). All other students will be placed into courses based on their High School GPA and Grades.
Your PCC Chemistry, English, ESL and Math exam results are valid for 3 years effective July 1, 2017. If you took the exam before July 1, 2017 you are under the previous college policy of results expiring after 2 years. Plan to take these courses before your results expire so that you do not have to retake the exam.
To find out your exam results expiration date, check in your LancerPoint Student Account
- Click on My Classes & Academics (Left Side)
- Under Registration Tools Click on View Placement Results (Middle of Page)
The results of your exam cannot be received by telephone or fax.
The college does not provide exam results to other colleges via email, fax, mail or phone. You can try to provide the exam results you received from PCC on your own and see if the other college will accept them. Results that are over 3 years old are expired and other colleges will more and likely not accept them and you will be required to retest at their campus.
- Dictionaries, calculators, or other study aides are not permitted for use at any time on the English, ESL, and math tests. If you use these items, your exam session will end and your results will become invalid.
- You must turn off your cell phone and all other electronic devices while testing and keep them out of sight during your test session.
- You will not be allowed to charge any electronic devices while testing. Our Assessment Office staff will not be able to hold cell phones or other devices for you while testing.
- Our staff is not allowed to disclose whether a student is testing or still in the testing room. Make arrangements before testing on where to meet once the testing is finished.
- Please be sure not to block emergency doors after your exam has completed and keep the stairs clear.
- While you are testing, the PCC Student Code of Conduct should be followed, and any violations could result in disciplinary actions.