The LAC has twelve computer stations available for you to use during your visit. Computers are available on a walk-in, first come first served basis. Each computer station offers interactive software, Internet access, and a number of applications.
Using Our Computers
Getting Started on a Computer
- Bring your Lancer Card to the front desk in D-300, where you will be assigned a computer station. You must be currently enrolled at PCC to use the LAC.
- To use our network, enter your LancerPoint username and password.
At your request, a staff member or student assistant can help you log in and become familiar with computer resources.
Our computers and Internet access are for college-related purposes only. You will not be able to save work to one of our computers, so please remember to bring a flash drive or email your work to yourself.
You are only allowed to use the programs included on our network. It is illegal for students to install their own software on school computers. Any student who tries to do this will be subject to disciplinary action, starting with the immediate confiscation of the software in question. Also, network software may not be copied, as this would be an infringement of copyright law.
Computer Programs & Applications
Each computer station is equipped with helpful programs and applications, including the following:
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Adobe Reader and Acrobat DC
- Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 (Bridge, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InCopy, InDesign, Photoshop)
- NJ Star Chinese WP
- JAWS 18.0
- Kurzweil Educational Systems
- ZoomText 10.1
- American Speechsounds (ESL pronunciation)
- Is Ernie an attorney? (ESL pronunciation )
- Longman Advanced American Dictionary with e-Tutor
To view a DVD, make sure to select VideoLAN - VLC media player