All student athletes are required to be enrolled and complete a specific amount of units in order to be eligible to compete in their sport at PCC. Mandated by the CCCAA (California Community College Athletic Association), all California Community College student athletes must meet the requirements below:
- You must be continually and actively enrolled in 12 units during the semester of your
- Fall Sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Water Polo
- Spring Sports: Badminton, Baseball, Softball, Swim and Dive, Track and Field
- 9 of those 12 units must be academic (non-KATH/KINA).
- All units from late-start courses do not count towards eligibility until the course begins.
- If you drop below 12 units, you are immediately ineligible and are not allowed to participate in competition until you "re-add" your units back.
- Participating while under 12 units will cause your team to forfeit competitions.
Second season eligibility
In order to be eligible for your second season of competition, you must meet the requirements below, AND meet the in-season eligibility requirements:
- Complete 24 units (18 of those academic) with a cumulative 2.0 GPA, since the start of your first competing semester.
- For example, if you compete in fall 2018, in order to be eligible for the fall 2019 season, you would need to complete 24 units (18 academic) in the fall 2018 through summer 2019 semesters, with an overall 2.0 GPA.
- Additionally, in your last FT term prior to competition, you must have completed at
least 6 units and maintain the cumulative 2.0 GPA.
Competing in two sports
If you want to compete on two different teams, you must have an overall 2.0 GPA from when you first started competing in your first sport, and complete at least 6 units in your last FT term prior to competition.
For example, if you competed in the fall 2018 semester, and want to compete in the spring 2019 semester, you must have completed 6 units with a 2.0 GPA in the fall 2018 semester.