Become a Pathways Tutor
The PCC Pathways touring program seeks to empower students to become successful independent learners by developing meaningful peer tutoring/mentoring relationships
Pathways tutors are PCC students who have succeeded in their math and English courses and have been trained to work with their peers. Peer tutors actively participate and develop relationships with the students and are available throughout the year to work with students one-on-one or in small groups.
Who can be a tutor?
To volunteer, students must:
- Be motivated to help their peers do well in college and have been a member of a Pathways Center program.
- Work well one-on-one or with a small group
- Have a 2.8 G.P.A and an "A" in the subject they are interested in tutoring or a 3.0 G.P.A and a "B" in the subject they are interested in tutoring.
- Attend an orientation
- Enroll in a tutor training course
- Volunteer a minimum of four hours a week.
How do I join the PCC Pathways tutoring program?
The application process is ongoing and recruitment is done at the beginning of the fall and spring semester.