Conexiòn is PCC Pathways' peer tutoring program. It seeks to empower students to become successful interdependent learners by developing meaningful peer tutoring/mentoring relationships.
Conexiòn tutors have knowledge of the tutoring process, learning styles, math/writing anxiety, ethics and motivation. The program is housed in the Pathways Center (V102) and is available to students enrolled in PCC Pathways.
Who can be a tutor?
To volunteer, students must:
- Be motivated to help their peers do well in college and have been a member of a Pathways Center program.
- Work well one-on-one or with a small group
- Have a 2.8 G.P.A and an "A" in the subject they are interested in tutoring or a 3.0 G.P.A and a "B" in the subject they are interested in tutoring.
- Attend an orientation
- Enroll in a tutor training course conducted by the Learning Assistance Center (must attend 10 workshops and complete on-line assignments).
- Volunteer a minimum of four hours a week.
How do I join Conexión?
Fill out an application and come to the Pathways Center in V102 to speak with Carlos “Tito Altamirano, the Conexión program coordinator.