NextUp, formerly known as CAFYES (Cooperating Agencies Foster Youth Educational Support), is a supplemental program of EOP&S to support eligible current and former foster youth. Students enrolled in the NextUp program receive all the services provided to EOP&S students, in addition would receive “over and above” services exclusive only to NextUp students.
Over and Above Services
- NextUp Counselor
- NextUp Advisor
- NextUp Success Coach
- Financial Assistance
- Additional funds for books, school supplies, meals, transportation, housing, vendor cards, etc.
- Need based grant
- Tutoring Services
- Specialized Workshops
- College Tours and Student Conferences
To be eligible for the NextUp program you must:
- Complete the EOP&S Application
- Work to be progressively enrolled in 9 units
- Have dependency established or continued by the court on or after your 13th birthday
- No older than 25 years of age at the beginning of the academic year