As a newly admitted international student at PCC, there are some required preparations you must fulfill or supply:


  • Have a passport already: it has to be valid for at least six months to apply for a student visa.
  • Do not have a passport: you must apply for one. (NOTE: Citizens of Canada may be exempt from the passport requirement in order to enter the U.S.)

Pay the SEVIS Fee

Apply for your Student Visa

  • In order to obtain the F-1 visa needed for admission to the United States, you will need to take the Form I-20 received from Pasadena City College, your passport, and financial support documentation (e.g., award letter, bank statement, etc.) to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you.
  • Please review our Visa Tips for more information.
  • For additional information about specific U.S. Consulates, including hours of operation and detailed procedures for accessing Consular Services, select the closest office from the listing of U.S. Embassies and Consulates that can be found at the US Embassy Website.

Travel Arrangements

  • After you receive your visa, make your travel arrangements to Los Angeles, California (Airport code: LAX).
  • Please remember that international students in F visa status may not enter the United States more than 30 days prior to the start date on the Form I-20.
  • Upon your arrival, you are required to attend Check-in/Welcome Day with the International Student Center (ISC).