As a newly admitted international student at PCC, you must complete the following steps.
Apply for your Student Visa
SEVIS I-901 FEE
- A SEVIS I-901 fee is required for each new SEVIS record.
- If you are transferring from another U.S. institution, your SEVIS fee should have been paid and will not need to pay this fee again.
- Once you have received your "Initial Attendance" I-20 from PCC, you must pay the I-901 fee here.
- Please print out a copy of your payment confirmation for you records.
- It is important that you check the website for information and updates for the U.S. consulate in the city and country you are applying in.
- Find a list of consulate and embassies on the U.S. Embassy Site.
- Please prepare the following documents for you visa application and interview:
- Admission letter from Pasadena City College
- I-20 issued by PCC
- Financial documents
- Sponsor affidavit
- Passport (must be valid for a minimum of 6 months)
- Any additional required documents
- Also prepare to clearly explain your plans to return to live and work in your home country after you complete your study.
- Keep copies of all documents that you submit for nay USCIS procedure for your records.
- For more information on applying for an F-1 visa by the U.S. Department of States, click here.
- Once you have successfully obtained your F-1 student via, make travel arrangements to Los Angeles, California (Airport code: LAX).
- You will only be allowed to enter the United States on or after the indicated Earliest Admission Date shown on your Form I-20
- You must enter the United States on or before Program Start Date
- Please carefully plan your arrival to PCC so that you are able to participate in the mandatory International Student Orientation
- For directions to PCC, click here
- You can also get to PCC via the following transportation options: