Why should my student participate?
Dual Enrollment structures education, training, and career exploration to enable students to build academic and technical skills, acquire industry credentials, enter a profession, and advance successfully.
In a dual enrollment program, your student will...
- explore various careers and majors options before entering college
- learn to use labor market data to make decisions about their college major and career
- understand the education and credentials needed for their chosen career
- complete high school and college credits at the same time
- ease their transition to college and enhance their chances of success
- address skill gaps and improve study skills and academic knowledge before becoming full-time college students
- be better prepared for college-level English and math
- learn in a community and see educational value in having integrated support services
- have access to peer mentors, work-experience education, internships, and more
- save time and money