Pi Day Student Conference 2020
This is a "For Students, By Students" event. The goal is to promote the ownership of your math learning, to encourage you to talk about mathematics, to share your joy of learning mathematics, to develop better attitudes and mindsets needed to learn mathematics, to discover ways of overcoming difficulties or anxiety in learning mathematics, to connect mathematics with real-life applications, and to celebrate and share your victories in understanding mathematical concepts.
Pi Day Poster Registration and Submissions
Examples of Pi Day Posters
Resources for Your Pi Day Poster
- Click here for an easy guide to create a digital Pi Day poster.
- If you'd like the Pi Club to print your digital poster, please email us here.
- For more examples of Pi Day posters click here.
Posters may be done and submitted in Fall semester 2019 (or Winter 2020)
- 1st –11th week of Fall 2019: Form student groups & explore topics. Register online for each member of your group. Please visit Pi Day PCC website. Submit the first draft of your topic, (A half page summary of each group’s project) Starting the 11th week, class representatives can pick up blank posters from C 129. We provide printing support for people who submit digital posters.
- 12th – 14th week of Fall 2019: Complete posters, media-posters or projects. For submission, please follow instructions on Pi Day PCC website.
- 15th week of Fall 2019: Present posters in your class, receive feedback and finalize posters. At the end of the 15th week, turn in Pi Day posters (submit on-line or picked up by Pi Club members)
- 6th week of Winter 2020: Collect Pi Posters from Winter sessions and research groups.
- 3/14/2020: Pi-Day Student Conference in Rosemead Recreation Center: Poster Presentation, Math
Science Games, and Speakers, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- 3/17/2020: Pi-Day Student Conference at PCC Main Campus: Poster Presentation in the Quad,11:00 AM – 2:30 PM, and Award Ceremony and Speakers in Creveling Lounge, 4:30-6:00 PM.
Pi Day Schedule of Events
March 14, 2020 - Rosemead Recreation Center:
- 11:00 am - 4:30 pm: Posters, Math and Science games, Activities, Speaker/Panel* Discussion
March 17, 2020 - PCC Campus:
- 11:30 am - 2:30 pm: Presenting, learning, sharing of posters, and Math and Science games in Quad.
- 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm: Speaker/Panel* Discussion and Awards Ceremony in Creveling Lounge.
*Speaker and Panel members to be announced.
Certificate and Raffle Ticket
Every poster-participating student and instructor will receive a certificate and one raffle ticket for prizes.
Chance to Win a Gift Card
Every instructor and student who submits their Pi Day survey online will have a chance to win a gift card. Deadline: March 17, 2020 at 4:30 pm
T-Shirt Design Contest!
Participate in the T-Shirt Design Contest to win a gift certificate up to $100!
- Theme for Pi Day T-Shirt 2020: "When Math & Science meet Real Life!"
- T-Shirt Design Submission Deadline: January 15, 2020
Every poster-participating student and instructor will receive a certificate in the award ceremony, receive one raffle ticket, and will be entered for a chance to win a gift certificate up to $100.