PCC's annual Pi Day Student Conference 2019
This is a "For Students, By Students" event. The goal is to promote the ownership of your math learning, to encourage you to talk about mathematics, to share your joy of learning mathematics, to develop better attitudes and mindsets needed to learn mathematics, to discover ways of overcoming difficulties or anxiety in learning mathematics, to connect mathematics with real-life applications, and to celebrate and share your victories in understanding mathematical concepts.
Pi Day Registration and Submissions
Examples of Pi Day Posters
Click here for an easy guide to create a digital Pi Day poster.
If you'd like the Pi Club to print your digital poster, please email us here.
For more examples of Pi Day posters click here.
Pi Day Schedule of Events
PCC Campus, Tuesday, March 12, 2019:
- 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.: Presenting, learning, and sharing of posters in Quad.
- 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 pm.: Panel Discussion in Circadian.
- 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.: Keynote Speaker and Awards Ceremony.
PCC at Rosemead Campus, Wednesday, March 13, 2019:
- 11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.: Poster Gallery in Lobby.
- 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.: Panel Discussion in Lobby.
If you'd like to ask the Keynote Speaker a question click the button below.
If you'd like to ask a Member of the Panel a question click the button below.
Certificate and Raffle Ticket
Every poster-participating student and instructor will receive a certificate and one raffle ticket for prizes.
Chance to Win a Gift Card
Every instructor and student who submits their Pi Day survey online will have a chance to win a gift card. Deadline: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
T-Shirt Design Contest!
Participate in the T-Shirt Design Contest to win a gift certificate up to $100!
- Theme for Pi Day T-Shirt 2018: "When Math & Science meet Real Life!"
- T-Shirt Design Submission Deadline: February 25, 2019
Every poster-participating student and instructor will receive a certificate in the award ceremony, receive one raffle ticket, and will be entered for a chance to win a gift certificate up to $100.