Photography - Portrait Photography
This certificate provides students with the skills to work in a freelance capacity or as an assistant to a portrait, wedding, event, or headshot photographer. Skills acquired include digital photography, digital workflow, professional lighting, and working with models/subjects. If students decide to pursue the more in depth Photography Certificate of Achievement, many of the courses from the Portrait Photography Occupational Skills Certificate will apply to the Photography Certificate of Achievement.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of film and digital cameras, exposure controls, and photographic principles.
- Produce a portfolio of images that exhibits knowledge of natural and artificial lighting techniques and portraiture techniques.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 9
- PHOT 021 – Introduction to Black and White Photography (3)
- PHOT 031 – Beginning Digital Photography (3)
- PHOT 033 – Portrait Photography (3)
or PHOT 040 – Fashion Photography (3)