Medical Office Transcription
The medical office transcription option prepares students with entry-level skills to seek employment as medical office transcriptionists. Instruction includes formatting documents including the history and physical, correspondence, discharge summaries, operative reports and special laboratory reports using a transcriber and word processing program.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 11
- MA 109 – Health Information Technology (1)
- MA 110 – Medical Office Microcomputer Management Applications (1)
- MA 113 – Human Disease (3)
- MA 115 – Medical Terminology (3)
- PYSO 100 – Basic Physiology and Anatomy (3)