Medical Office Receptionist
The medical receptionist option prepares students with entry-level skills to seek employment in medical reception areas. Instruction includes interpersonal communication skills, greeting patients, scheduling appointments, computer data entry, initial processing of managed care patients, telephone techniques, interpersonal relations, oral communication, medical ethics and law, Occupational Health and Safety regulations, medical asepsis, vital signs and height-weight measurements, and initial medical record documentation.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 15
- MA 109 – Health Information Technology (1)
- MA 110 – Medical Office Microcomputer Management Applications (1)
- MA 120 – Independent Study (1)
- MA 122A – Clinical Assisting Techniques I (2)
- PYSO 100 – Basic Physiology and Anatomy (3)
- MA 115 – Medical Terminology (3)
- MA 111A – Medical Office Procedures I (4)