Graphic Communications Technology - Electronic Prepress
Accelerated course of study leading to an Occupational Skills Certificate in Electronic Prepress. This program is designed for an individual to enter or return to the workplace. This occupational skills certificate curricula responds to the knowledge and skills required by the industry for the electronic preflighting and imaging operations. In this segment of the printing industry current technical knowledge and software knowledge are required in order to gain employment.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Evaluate the components and specifications of a Graphic communications product, relating to the technical requirements of its final reproduction process(es).
- Edit, combine and compose the text, graphic, and art components into a graphic product that fulfills the client’s communication needs.
- Demonstrate production flow skills to image, deliver, proof and archive the final print, document file.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 17
- GRFX 035 - Introduction to Electronic Prepress (2)
- GRFX 036 - Electronic Image Assembly (1)
- GRFX 220 - Basic Digital Imaging (3)
- GRFX 221 - Advanced Digital Imaging-Web (3)
- GRFX 245A - Basic Photoshop Techniques for Graphic Communications Technology (3)
- GRFX 245B - Advanced Photoshop Techniques for Graphic Communications Technology (3)