Graphic Communications Technology - Electronic Prepress
Accelerated course of study leading to an Occupational Skills Certificate in Electronic Prepress. This program is designed for an individual to enter or return to the workplace. This occupational skills certificate curricula responds to the knowledge and skills required by the industry for the electronic preflighting and imaging operations. In this segment of the printing industry current technical knowledge and software knowledge are required in order to gain employment.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Evaluate the components and specifications of a Graphic communications product, relating to the technical requirements of its final reproduction process(es).
- Edit, combine and compose the text, graphic, and art components into a graphic product that fulfills the client’s communication needs.
- Demonstrate production flow skills to image, deliver, proof and archive the final print, document file.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 17
- GRFX 035 - Introduction to Electronic Prepress (2)
- GRFX 036 - Electronic Image Assembly (1)
- GRFX 220 - Basic Digital Imaging (3)
- GRFX 221 - Advanced Digital Imaging-Web (3)
- GRFX 245A - Basic Photoshop Techniques for Graphic Communications Technology (3)
- GRFX 245B - Advanced Photoshop Techniques for Graphic Communications Technology (3)