Graphic Communications Technology - Textile Printing
This two-semester program of study is designed to concentrate on intermediate- to advanced-level work in textile Screen Printing. Students work with many contemporary inks on a variety of textile substrates. Training includes technical core classes, classes in basic design principles, and classes to build awareness of the fashion business.
- Communicate with client to determine need for, and to coordinate production of, printed textile products.
- Create and prepare appropriate digital artwork for printed production.
- Compare, choose, apply best print application depending on textile & substrate.
- Produce printed products through screen printing or dye sublimation techniques.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 15
- ART 031A – Color and Composition–Two Dimensional Design (3)
- FASH 009 – Beginning Textiles (3)
- GRFX 115 – Beginning Screen Printing for Textile Applications (2)
- FASH 002 – Introduction to Fashion Industry (3)
- GRFX 116 – Advanced Screen Printing for Textile Applications (2)
- GRFX 135 – Intro to Electronic Prepress Techniques for Screen Printing (2)