Graphic Communications Technology - Screen Printing for Small Business
This is an accelerated course of study designed for the individual seeking to understand the basic requirements of owning and operating a small business in Screen Printing. Current approaches emphasize accurate and efficient printing of various jobs, including flatwork and textiles; good business planning and practices; and successful client relations.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Perform independently basic functions for a standard variety of screen printing applications.
- Describe the equipment, studio layout and safety issues related to a screen printing business.
- Identify key concerns for owning, promoting and managing a screen printing business.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 16
- ART 031A – Color and Composition-Two Dimensional Design (3)
- BUS 116 – Small Business Management (3)
- GRFX 013 – Screen Printing–Plastics (3)
- GRFX 113 – Intermediate Screen Printing (3)
- GRFX 220 – Basic Digital Imaging (3)