Graphic Communications Technology - Screen Printing for Small Business
This is an accelerated course of study designed for the individual seeking to understand the basic requirements of owning and operating a small business in Screen Printing. Current approaches emphasize accurate and efficient printing of various jobs, including flatwork and textiles; good business planning and practices; and successful client relations.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Perform independently basic functions for a standard variety of screen printing applications.
- Describe the equipment, studio layout and safety issues related to a screen printing business.
- Identify key concerns for owning, promoting and managing a screen printing business.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 16
- ART 031A – Color and Composition-Two Dimensional Design (3)
- BUS 116 – Small Business Management (3)
- GRFX 013 – Screen Printing–Plastics (3)
- GRFX 113 – Intermediate Screen Printing (3)
- GRFX 220 – Basic Digital Imaging (3)