Graphic Communications Technology - Apparel Graphics and Printing
Students learn the parameters and printing applications for various types of textiles and ready-made apparel. Interdisciplinary classes that are part of this certificate broaden the student’s knowledge of fabrics, garment construction, computer software used in the fashion industry, and design considerations for garment printing.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Discuss standard printing applications related to the garment industry.
- Perform necessary functions to prepare screens and inks for textile printing.
- Produce single- and multi-color graphic designs appropriate to screen printing on textiles.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 17.5
- ART 031A - Color and Composition-Two Dimensional Design (3)
- ART 056 - Introduction to Digital Painting & Drawing (3)
- FASH 110 - Fashion Illustration (3)
- FASH 115 - Intermediate Computer-Assisted Fashion Graphics (2.5)
- GRFX 115 - Beginning Screen Printing for Textile Applications (2)
- GRFX 116 - Advanced Screen Printing for Textile Applications (2)
- GRFX 135 - Intro to Electronic Prepress Techniques for Screen Printing (2)
- BUS 116 - Small Business Management (3)
- FASH 128B - Surface Design Techniques-Dyeing, Painting, Batik (1)
- GRFX 013 - Screen Printing-Plastics (3)
- GRFX 245A - Basic Photoshop Techniques for Graphic Communications Technology (3)
- GRFX 245B - Advanced Photoshop Techniques for Graphic Communications Technology (3)