Electronics Technology - Basic Digital Technician
The curriculum contained in this certificate of completion provides a student with the necessary skills to seek entry-level employment as an electronics technician working on digital electronics systems. Students completing this certificate program will have the basic skills needed to work with electronic digital and microprocessor based equipment. In addition to the ability to use common electronics test equipment such as oscilloscopes and digital multimeters, they will have an understanding of microcontroller hardware and software and the ability to prototype, test, and debug simple digital and microcontroller based systems. Students will also have the skills required to design printed circuit boards, solder and perform basic assembly of electronic systems.
A Certificate of Completion is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Communicate technical information, assess data, analyze information and write professional reports.
- Synthesize, debug and analyze microcontroller based programs.
- Prototype, build and test basic digital circuits.
- Use common tools in the trade to troubleshoot, analyze and repair electronic equipment.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 13
- ELTN 115 – Printed Circuit & Electronic Hardware Design (2)
- ELTN 117 - Introduction to Microcontrollers and Embedded Design (3)
- ELTN 130 – Introduction to Electronics (3)
- ELTN 132 - Digital and Control Electronics (4)
- ELTN 117 – Introduction to Microcontrollers and Embedded Design (3)
- ELTN 132 – Digital and Control Electronics (4)