Automotive Technology - Electrical/Electronics Systems
The curriculum prepares the students for successful completion of the Electrical/Electronics
Systems Certificate. The courses also provide a strong foundational electronics knowledge
for completion in the All Automotive Systems Certificate. The electrical technology
is expanding at an exponential rate, this certificate will create the base foundation
for success at every job level. This certificate is also available to automotive
professionals who wish to update and/or upgrade their knowledge in automotive electrical/electronic
systems. Students will receive instruction and hands-on experience in proper diagnostic
and service techniques used in automotive electrical/electronic systems. The use of
precision measuring equipment and specialty tools are emphasized. Students are encouraged
to take the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) exam for electrical/electronic systems
This program has lab fees, uniform and DMV requirements. Please inquire with Division on those course preparations. This curriculum is National Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) approved and renewed in 2016.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Describe electrical/electronic systems fundamentals of operation in order to apply the theory to practical diagnostic scenarios encountered during electrical/electronic automotive service and repair.
- Demonstrate and integrate the safe set up and operation of diagnostic, hand, special service, and machine tools utilized by electrical/electronic automotive repair industry.
- Develop diverse skill sets pertaining to the electrical/electronic systems (A6) tasks as it pertains to the National Automotive Technician Education Foundation (NATEF).
- Develop an electrical/electronic systems technician with the knowledge of basic customer service and writing skills to follow the legal aspects, outlined by the California Bureau of Automotive Repay standards.
- Prepare students to successfully complete and pass the automotive service excellence exam on electrical/electronics systems (A6).
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 14
- AUTO 200 - Automotive Fundamentals for Technicians (4)
- ELTN 130 - Introduction to Electronics (3)
- AUTO 050 - Automotive Electrical Systems (3)
- AUTO 151 - Automotive Electronics (4)
- ELTY 012 - Basic Electricity-Electronics (Industrial Arts) (2)
- ELTN 109B - Applied Mathematics for Electronics (3)