Design Technology - CAD Technician - Architecture/Engineering/Construction
The curriculum prepares students to be functional within two-dimensional CAD systems used in the architecture/engineering/ construction industry. A CAD technician is an entry level position working in a team of architects or engineers. Job functions would include generating drawings from existing designs, plotting drawings, and electronic file handling and file management.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Demonstrate appropriate mastery of basic orthographic projection techniques.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate through the use of two-dimensional graphics, oral and written presentations.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations in units of measure consistent with the architectural/engineering/construction industry.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 9
- DT 008A – Introduction to Digital Design & Fabrication (3)
- TECH 107A – Technical Calculations (3)
- DT 017 – Building Construction Technical Graphics (3)