Computer Information Systems - CCNA Routing & Switching Preparation
Interdisciplinary Occupational Skills Certificate: Business & Computer Technology, Engineering & Technology
This Cisco Networking Academy’s CCNA curriculum provides students with necessary skills to seek entry-level employment in the field of Information Technology. Instruction includes training in installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches in a small to enterprise routed and switched networking environment.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Apply IPv4 and IPv6 routing technology to administer Cisco routers in routed networks.
- Apply LAN switching technology solutions to administer Cisco switches in switched networks.
- Apply WAN technology solutions to administer Cisco routers in a WAN environment.
- Apply infrastructure services, infrastructure security, and infrastructure management solutions to administer Cisco routers and switches in routed and switched networks.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 12
- CIS 041 CCNA R&S: Introduction to Networks (3 units)
- CIS 042 CCNA R&S: Routing and Switching Essentials (3 units)
- CIS 163 CCNA R&S: Scaling Networks (3 units)
- CIS 164 CCNA R&S: Connecting Networks (3 units)
- CIS 011 Information and Communication Technology Essentials (4 units)
- CIS 040 UNIX/LINUX Administration (3 units)
- CIS 045 MCSA: Microsoft Windows System Administration 1 (4 units)
- CIS 061 Introduction to Information Systems Security (3 units)
- CIS 169A CCNA Security (4 units)
- CIS 170 CISCO IP Telephony Administration (4 units)