Computer Information Systems - CCNA Routing & Switching Preparation
Interdisciplinary Occupational Skills Certificate: Business & Computer Technology, Engineering & Technology
This Cisco Networking Academy’s CCNA curriculum provides students with necessary skills to seek entrylevel employment in the field of Information Technology. Instruction includes training in installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches in a medium-size route and switched LANs, and WAN environment. These certificate courses are followed by Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), and CCNA Security.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic network design, implementation and troubleshooting using Cisco routers and switches.
- Apply skills needed to:
- Install and configure Cisco routers and switches in multiprotocol internetworks using LAN and WAN interfaces.
- Provide Level 1 troubleshooting service.
- Improve network performance and security.
- Perform entry-level tasks in the planning, design, installation, operation, and troubleshooting of Ethernet and TCP/IP networks.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 12
- CIS 161
- CIS 162
- CIS 163
- CIS 164