Business Administration - E Commerce
This curriculum prepares the student to enter the industry as an entry level E-Commerce developer, or as an entrepreneur seeking to move an existing business to the internet. Fundamental concepts of the technology and business practices used to build a successful business on the Internet are stressed during the course of this program.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Given a simple and clearly defined common business need, students will be capable of recommending one or more potential e-commerce hardware and/or software solution to meet the needs of the client.
- Apply skills needed to:
Develop a fully-functioning e-commerce website
Create a marketing and advertising program for a client business utilizing industry-standard e-commerce tools.
3. Obtain an entry-level position in industry developing e-commerce capable websites.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 12
- CIS 010 – Introduction to Information Systems (3)
- CIS 050 – Survey of E-Commerce/E-Business Technology (3)
- CIS 055 – Introduction to E-Business Practices (3)
- CIS 060 – E-Commerce Fundamentals (3)
- BUS 009 – Introduction to Business (3)
- BUS 012B – Business Law Transactions & Organizations (3)
- BUS 012A – Business Law (3)
- BUS 116 – Small Business Management (3)
- BUS 151 – International Marketing (3)
- BUS 153 – International Business Law (3)
- CIS 190 – Web Server Development (3)