Building Construction - Construction Law
Details in the areas of construction law, printreading and estimating. Legal and contractual aspects of the construction industry including California contractors’ license law, business ethics, lien laws, health and safety regulations, workers’ compensation, employment insurance and taxes. Also residential and commercial printreading and estimating.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Interpret the legal and contractual aspects of the construction industry.
- Compare the difference of construction laws versus contractor’s license laws.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 9
- BLDG 122 – Contractor's Licensing (3)
- BLDG 212 – Print Reading for Construction (3)
- BLDG 220 – Estimating For Building Construction (3)
- TECH 107A – Technical Calculations (3)