Biological Technology Laboratory Skills
The curriculum prepares students to work in entry level positions in the field of biotechnology in high-tech industry and institutions. Emphasis is on practical laboratory skills combined with training in a working laboratory setting.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Understand, interpret and write laboratory documents, SOPs, protocols and notebook documentation.
- Be able to use, maintain, calibrate and/or validate basic laboratory equipment.
- Be prepared for entry level technician positions in the biological technology industry and in research laboratories.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 16
- BIOL 102A – Biological Technology–Basic Techniques (3)
- BIOL 102B – Biological Technology–Advanced Techniques (3)
- BIOL 102C – Biological Technology–Cell Culture Techniques (3)
- BIOL 039 – Modern Human Genetics (4)
BIOL 102D – Biological Technology–Laboratory Internship (3)