Biological Technology Laboratory Skills
The curriculum prepares students to work in entry level positions in the field of biotechnology in high-tech industry and institutions. Emphasis is on practical laboratory skills combined with training in a working laboratory setting.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Understand, interpret and write laboratory documents, SOPs, protocols and notebook documentation.
- Be able to use, maintain, calibrate and/or validate basic laboratory equipment.
- Be prepared for entry level technician positions in the biological technology industry and in research laboratories.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 16
- BIOL 102A – Biological Technology–Basic Techniques (3)
- BIOL 102B – Biological Technology–Advanced Techniques (3)
- BIOL 102C – Biological Technology–Cell Culture Techniques (3)
- BIOL 039 – Modern Human Genetics (4)
BIOL 102D – Biological Technology–Laboratory Internship (3)