Biological Technology- Stem Cell Culture
The curriculum prepares students to work in entry-level positions in the field of cell culture including stem cell culture. Emphasis is on practical laboratory skills combined with training in a working laboratory setting.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Understand, interpret, and write laboratory documents, SOPs, protocols, and notebook documentation.
- Be able to use, maintain, calibrate, and/or validate standard laboratory equipment.
- Be prepared for entry level technician positions in laboratories performing stem cell research in the biological technology industry and in research institutions.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 33
- CHEM 022 - Introductory Chemistry (4)
- BIOL102A - Biological Technology - Basic Techniques (3)
- MATH 131 - Intermediate Algebra (4)
- BIOL 102B - Biological Technology - Advanced Techniques (3)
- CHEM 001A - General Chemistry and Chemical Analysis (5)
- BIOL 002 - Animal Biology (4)
or MICR 002 - Microbiology (4)
- BIOL 102C - Biological Technology - Cell Culture Techniques (3)
- BIOL 038 - Cell and Molecular Biology (4)
- BIOL 102D - Biological Technology - Laboratory Internship (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.