Medical Assisting - Medical Office Insurance Biller
The medical insurance biller curriculum prepares students with entry-level skills to seek employment as medical office insurance billers. Instruction includes the universal claim form, state disability, private insurance billing, workers compensation, Medicare, Medi-Cal and basic coding using the CPT and ICD coding books. A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 22
- MA 109 - Health Information Technology (1)
- MA 110 - Medical Office Microcomputer Management Applications (1)
- MA 111A - Medical Office Procedures I (4)
- MA 111B - Medical Office Procedures II (4)
- MA 113 - Human Disease (3)
- MA 115 - Medical Terminology (3)
- MA 127 - Medical Insurance (3)
- PYSO 100 - Basic Physiology and Anatomy (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.