Medicial Assisting - Medical Office - Administrative
The medical assisting administrative curriculum prepares students with entry-level skills to seek employment as administrative medical office personnel. The student will learn about the front office including medical insurance billing, bookkeeping and beginning transcription.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 27
- MA 109 – Health Information Technology (1)
- MA 110 – Medical Office Microcomputer Management Applications (1)
- MA 111A – Medical Office Procedures I (4)
- MA 111B – Medical Office Procedures II (4)
- MA 113 – Human Disease (3)MA 115 – Medical Terminology (3)
- MA 122A – Clinical Assisting Techniques I (2)
- MA 127 – Medical Insurance (3)
- PSYC 024 – Lifespan Developmental Psychology (3)
- PYSO 100 – Basic Physiology and Anatomy (3)
- MA 120 - Independent Study (1)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.