Business Administration- Entrepreneurship
The curriculum prepares students for owning or operating small businesses. Instruction includes all aspects of business creation, start-up strategies, product/service development, legal and financial components of a new business.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Compare and contrast domestic and international businesses.
- Write effective business correspondence and give clear, concise oral presentations.
- Achieve confidence working with whole numbers, fractions, and percents and applying them to common business problems such as markup, markdown, simple and compound interest, payroll, discounts, etc.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of buying existing business instead of starting one from scratch.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 28-30
- ACCT 001A - Financial Accounting (5)
or ACCT 010 - Bookkeeping-Accounting (4)
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
- BUS 002 - Personal Finance (3)
- BUS 010 - Introduction to Management (3)
or BUS 009 - Introduction to Business (3)
- BUS 011A - Business Communications (3)
- BUS 012A - Business Law (3)
- BUS 116 - Small Business Management (3)
- BUS 016 - Business Computations Utilizing Technology (3)
or BUS 014A - Mathematical Analysis for Business-Finite (4)
or STAT 015 - Statistics for Business and Economics (4)
- MRKT 020 - Principles of Marketing (3)
or MRKT 123 - Promotions and Marketing Communications (3)
- Acct 001A or Acct 010
- BIT 025
- Bus 009 or BUS10
- Bus 116
- Bus 002
- Bus 011A
- Bus 012A
- Bus 013
- Mrkt 123 or Mrkt 020
- Bus 16 or Bus 014A or Stat 015
- BUS 160 - Sales and Customer Service (3)
- BUS 161 - Applied Business Principles and Practices (2)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.