Engineering: Civil Engineering Emphasis
The Associate in Science in Engineering: Civil Engineering Emphasis provides a strong preparation for students planning to transfer to a 4-year university and major in Civil Engineering. The curriculum includes fundamental engineering and science core courses as well as required lower-division courses in Civil Engineering.
PLEASE NOTE: The courses that universities and colleges require for transfer vary. When selecting courses for transfer purposes, students should consult with Counseling Services to determine the particular transfer requirements of specific transfer institutions.
- Develop technical solutions to civil engineering problems using principles of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Analyze and interpret empirical data to provide a basis for solutions to civil engineering problems.
- Communicate orally and in writing the results of experiments, projects, and data analysis.
Requirements for the AS Degree
Area of Emphasis Required Courses
Courses must be completed with a grade of C or better. You must complete all 52 units in the discipline listed below:
- CHEM 001A - General Chemistry and Chemical Analysis (5)
- ENGR 002 - Engineering Graphics (3)
- ENGR 010 - Introduction to Engineering (2)
- ENGR 011 - Statics (3)
- ENGR 014 - Materials of Construction (3)
- ENGR 016 - Engineering Circuits (3)
- ENGR 018 - Introduction to Numerical Analysis (3)
- MATH 005A - Single Variable Calculus I (5)
- MATH 005B - Single Variable Calculus II (5)
- MATH 005C - Multivariable Calculus (5)
- MATH 055 - Differential Equations (5)
- PHYS 001A - Physics for Scientists and Engineers I: Mechanics (5)
- PHYS 001C - Physics for Scientists and Engineers II: Electricity, Magnetism, and Optics (5)
General Education Requirements
To be eligible for an AS degree...
Which GE Pattern you choose to follow is based on your transfer plans. Speak with your counselor or visit the Transfer Center to find out more about which GE Pattern to follow.