Geosciences is one of the three fastest growing industries of the century. PCC's Geography courses are the starting point for entering this high-demand career field.
In PCC's Geography courses, you will study the physical and human geographic characteristics of a region. Earn an AA-T Degree in Geography, preparing you to transfer for further study in Geography. Or, take advantage of our GeoTech Skills Certificate, which will develop your skills in data capture, spatial and statistical analysis, modeling, and cartography.
Geography is the study of Earth’s diverse physical and human features, and the connections that exist between those features. This broad discipline focuses on spatial relationships and looks to solve the most pressing issues of today.
As a Geographer, you will be prepared for a variety of career fields including sustainability, education, environmental analysis, planning, and resource management. In fact, the U.S. Dept. of Labor has identified spatial sciences as one of the fastest growing fields of the century.
- GEOG 001: PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY / GEOG 001L PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY LABORATORY
- GEOG 002: CULTURAL GEOGRAPHY
- GEOG 003: WORLD REGIONAL GEOGRAPHY
- GEOG 004: WEATHER AND CLIMATE (Formerly Geology 024)
- GEOG 011: INTRODUCTION TO GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNIQUES, WITH LAB
- GEOG 012: SPATIAL ANALYSIS
- GEOG 013: DATA ACQUISITION & MANAGEMENT
- GEOG 014: CARTOGRAPHIC DESIGNS GEOG 020 INDEPENDENT STUDY
- GEOG 030: FIELD STUDIES AND METHODS IN GEOGRAPHY
Use the links below to see full course descriptions as well as the current semester's offerings.
Geography | Associate of Arts for Transfer (AA-T) Degree
Earn a degree AND prepare to transfer. By completing the AA-T in Geography, you will finish the general education requirements as well as the lower division major requirements for a Bachelor degree in Geography prior to transferring to a CSU.
GeoTech Skills | Occupational Skills Certificate
The GeoTech Skills Certificate prepares you to apply GIS with a solid theoretical foundation. A diverse range of GeoTech Skills skills are covered including data capture, spatial & statistical analysis, modeling, and cartography.
As a Geography student at PCC, you will have access to several opportunities including:
- Attend conferences in interesting locations with the Los Angeles Geographical Society (LAGS), California Geographical Society (CGS), Association of Pacific Coast Geographers (APCG), and Association of American Geographers (AAG).
- Join upcoming Field Study courses in: California Coastal Environments (Summer 2016)