Career workshops are a great way to share ideas and get support from other students. Discuss your dreams and discover the path to your future career (or major). Talk about how to get the job and thrive in your work!
Discovery workshops walk you through the three steps to discovering the right career for you.
The Career Discovery Process
- Discover: Learn about yourself! Discuss your interests and personality
- Explore: Get the facts about careers/majors. Feeling stuck? Discuss possible solutions
- Connect: Pull it all together. Make decisions. Plan next steps
Career Journey Workshops
Learning about your interests and personality can help you make useful decisions about
your major and career! In the Career Journey Workshop you will join a small group
of students to learn about yourself and discuss your choices. Career Journey is for
English Language Learners - like you!
Prior to attending The Career Jouneys workshop:
- Complete “O*NET Interest Profiler” assessment
- Print assessment results once you have reached the tab under “Job Zones”
- On the day of your workshop bring the printout of your results
Roadmaps to Employment
We also the following workshops geared towards getting you to employement:
First Impressions: Building a strong resume.
A Foot in the Door: Become an "insider" through work experience.
Winning Over the Employer: Interview techniques that unlock opportunities
Networking for Success: "It's who you know"
Linking In: Developing a profile that will get noticed